Monday, August 15, 2011

A plea, from the Fool

A number of kind and hardworking people volunteer their time and effort to record, and upload to the web, various in-game events. Ales and Tales, Weatherstock, other concerts, etc.

I think this is wonderful. Very admirable.

But ... and you knew there was a but coming ... when the audio is recorded at a concert, is it possible to turn off all the other game sounds?

One pulls up the youtube file and settles in to watch Ales and Tales on Crickhollow, for example, or some other event, and the band starts to play.

So far, so good. Then, the next thing you know, the guy beside you is chomping on something, there is heavy breathing coming from your left, all sorts of liquid slurping sounds are coming from behind you, and gurgle slurp slurp chomp pant pant bubble slurp slurp pant pant chomp chomp gurgle bubble gurgle pant pant is ALL you can hear.

Quite frankly, it's not just annoying, it's positively obscene. It feels like you're trying to listen to music in the middle of a slime orgy. A hobbit muffin illegality. It's gross. It makes you feel ill. Just thinking about what hobbits do with their dinners turns me green.

I feel so ungrateful saying these things. I don't do the recording. I'm too lazy. I'm not nice enough. I'm too selfish. I really seriously do admire the people who take the time to do them.

But the sounds are just so .....  distracting...  I cannot keep quiet. How so like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment